Scholarships for Matric and O-Level students from Pakistan to study in American high schools in the USA and reside with American host families for one year are available via the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program. The US government funds the Youth Exchange and Study Program, which is available to secondary school students in 39 different nations.
Students in high school will be enrolled in American schools for one academic year in the US and may also be able to take part in co-curricular and extracurricular activities to fully grasp American culture via interaction with Americans. Since 2003, 1,274 high school students from all throughout Pakistan have received scholarships under the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program.
Overview Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange & Study Program (yes)
- Levels: Matric
- Fields: Offered By: International
- Bodies : (Click here to view all scholarships by this authority)
- Category: Merit Based
- Area: All :Pakistan
- yes program 2024-25 last date: 06 October 2023
Yes Program Application form 2023-24
The deadline to apply for the 2024-25 program is December 6, 2023, at 4 pm. Students who meet the selection criteria and agree to the YES Program Parent/Student Agreement and Policies can apply for the scholarship. To apply, students need to fill out a YES application form and submit the required documents. They also need to take an English proficiency exam, write an essay under supervision, and participate in group and online interviews.
The YES program accepts applications from all U.S. citizens, regardless of their race, color, national origin, sex, religion, geographic location, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Interested students can find the application form on the YES Abroad website.
Yes Program Online Registration
The “Yes Program Online Registration” is a convenient website that allows young people to apply for the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange & Study Program (YES). This program gives students the chance to study in the United States and learn about different cultures. The online registration makes it easy for candidates to apply by submitting their information, documents, and preferences online. It is an important first step for those who want to take part in this educational and cultural exchange. By registering online, applicants show that they want to be part of the YES program and start the selection process, which usually includes a test, interviews, and more.
Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange & Study Program (yes) 2023-24 Last Date Apply Online
Eligibility Criteria for Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange & Study Program (yes)
- Pakistani nationals who live there pupils enrolled in the 9th, 10th, or “O” Levels. 11th pupils at O’ Level are not eligible.
- Prior to the program’s start date of August 15, 2024, applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 17.
- Minimum average marks of 60% over the previous three years, with minimum 60% marks in each of the major/core disciplines (English, Mathematics, and Sciences) on the most recent test.
- (Students who took a break from school or repeated a year are ineligible.)
- speak and understand English.
- A minimum of 60% on English tests taken in the three years prior (2020–2021, 2021–2022, and 202–2023).
- never been to the United States.
Note: Passing scores on the exam required for travel to the United States must total at least 60% across all disciplines. When students receive their mark sheets from the previous test, they will be asked to send them.
Students who satisfy the following requirements in addition to the ones given above are likely to make the final cut for selection.
- Ace the entrance exam.
- Understand and uphold Pakistani culture and values, and be able to represent them in American communities and schools.
- Show maturity, adaptability, high moral character, and academic competence.
- A readiness to engage in daily life with the host family.
- Record of all vaccinations received before traveling to the United States, as specified in the final student application.
- Show adaptability and a dedication to fostering intercultural understanding.
- A commitment to enroll in classes full-time and keep a high school grade point average in America of at least ‘Agreement and readiness to follow all program regulations, including the “YES Student Rules” as described in the YES Final Application.
- the conditions for qualifying for a J-1 visa.
YES Program 2023-24 Last Date
- The last date to apply for the US student exchange YES Program is 06 October 2023.
How to Apply for YES Program in Pakistan
Here’s a simplified version of the process for applying to the Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program for studying in the USA:
- If you meet the Selection Criteria and agree to the program’s rules, you can apply for the scholarship.
Download the Preliminary Application from www.yespk.org.
- Send your completed application and documents to the Scholarship Institute of Education (SIE) office through a courier service.
- Encourage eligible students, especially females, those with physical disabilities, and students from non-elite or
- government schools, to apply independently if their schools don’t support the application process.
- After reviewing the Preliminary Applications, shortlisted candidates will receive notifications about the YES Orientation and Entry Test through letters or emails.
- Ensure your contact information is accurate as the Scholarship Institute of Education (SIE) will use the provided addresses.
Interview and Group Activity
- Successful Entry Test candidates will be informed via letters to attend interviews and group activities.
- Complete the YES Final Application (attached with the letter) and bring it, along with the required documents, on the interview day.
- Standardized English Language Test
- Shortlisted students from the interviews may need to take a standardized English language test for international students.
- The final selection of students is based on their performance in the Entry Test, interviews, and the completeness of their YES Final Application with all required documents.
- If you are selected, you will receive a letter and a Scholarship Acceptance form from the YES program office.
- Stay updated on announcements and information by checking the YES website or Facebook page regularly.
YES Program Pakistan Entry Test Sample
- To get a YES program Pakistan Entry Test sample Visit the YES official website.
YES Program Interview Questions
Depending on the show and the interviewer, the interview questions for the YES program may change. However, a few probable YES program interview questions have been posted on various websites.
Here are some examples of potential interview questions:
- Tell me about yourself and your qualifications.
- Why do you want to participate in the YES program?
- What do you hope to gain from this experience?
- How would you research and reach out to potential employers?
- Where would you look for these leads?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How do you deal with personality conflicts with your family?
- How do you resolve conflicts with your peers or others?
- What does being a Youth Exchange Student mean to you?
- Do you think people remember you after meeting you? If so, why? If not, why not?
- What do you know about the United States?
- How many US Senators are there?
- What does the House of Representatives do?
- Who is the current US Secretary of State?
It’s vital to keep in mind that these are only samples and that the real interview questions can be different. Students can learn more about the YES program, practice responding to interview questions, and prepare questions to ask the interviewer in order to get ready for the interview.
FAQs About Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange & Study Program (yes)
How do I apply for YES Program online?
Students can print out the YES Program application from the internet, fill it out, and send it by courier to the SIE office together with any necessary supporting documentation. Applications that are delivered by hand won’t be accepted.
Who can apply for YES Program?
The student must be a resident of Pakistan and a citizen of Pakistan. The student must be a secondary school student, meaning they must be in the 9th or 10th grade, or O’level 9th or O’level 10th grade. The 11th grade O’level pupils are not eligible.
What is the age limit for YES Program?
On August 15, 2024, the student’s travel year to the United States, the student must be at least 15 years old and no older than 17 years old.
What is the last date for yes program in 2023?
October 6th, 2023