Are you dreaming of a career in medicine and a chance to serve in the armed forces? enlisting in the Pakistan Army, The appeal of the khaki uniform inspires our desire to accomplish this illustrious aim. Being a soldier or a doctor is a deep-seated desire for many Pakistanis. Admission to Army Medical College (AMC) may be your road to achieving that goal. In this essay, we will walk you through the process of gaining admission to Pakistan’s Army Medical College (AMC). Whether you are a pre-medical student or want to learn more about the admissions process.
We will give you with essential insights and ideas to boost your chances of success, from comprehending the eligibility criteria to preparing for the admission exams. We have you covered, whether it’s knowing the essential qualifications or preparing for the interview. Join us as we unpack the stages and requirements that will help you reach your goal of being admitted to Army Medical College and beginning your path to a lucrative medical career in the military.
AMC Admission Schedule 2023-24
- Admissions dates: 19 June 2023 – 20 July 2023
- A preliminary test (Written/Int/ Personality) will be held from July 24 to – Aug 11, 2023.
Admission to the Army Medical College in 2023
Before we get into the intricacies, let’s go through the fundamentals of going into AMC. The Army Medical institution in Rawalpindi, established in 1977, is the second armed forces medical institution after the Combined Military Hospital in Lahore. It has ties to the prestigious National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST). AMC was founded to alleviate a scarcity of doctors in the military, but it has since grown to become one of Pakistan’s most famous medical institutes. Every year, thousands of applications are received from prospective students seeking to gain a coveted position.
AMC has received an A+ category classification for its high standards, making it similar to Agha Khan Medical University. Let us now investigate the numerous admissions routes open to this prestigious college.
Army Medical College Admission 2023 last date
- Last date to Apply Army Medical College is 20 July 2023.
How to Get into Army Medical College in Four Easy Steps
AMC provides four distinct pathways for you to realise your dream of studying at this prestigious college and proudly serving your country. These are the routes:
1. Medical Cadet Admission: This option is only available to male applicants, both civilians and army brats.
2. Admission as a NUMS Cadet: Both boys and females are eligible to apply for this pathway, which follows the same admission process as other medical colleges in Pakistan.
3. Admission as a Paying Cadet: This option is open to both men and women, but applicants must have military experience.
4. Admission as a Foreign Applicant: Foreigners and dual nationals can also apply if they meet certain conditions, such as having an equivalent degree in A-Levels or attaining a minimum SAT-II score of 550 in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
How to Get Admission in Army Medical College – Complete Guide
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to the Army Medical College
It is critical to meet the qualifying criteria shared by all four tracks to guarantee a smooth admissions process. These are some of the criteria:
Applicants must hold an FSc Pre-Medical qualification from any Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) in Pakistan, or an equivalent qualification recognised by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC). Overseas High School Certificate, British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level), or International Baccalaureate with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are examples of equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum aggregate of 60% is necessary for admission to AMC.
For “M Cadet”:
- To enlist as a M Cadet, you must be a 4th or Final Year MBBS Student from any Medical College in Pakistan recognised by PMDC.
Applicants must be between the ages of 20 and 26 as of December 31, 2022.
The minimum height requirement is 5’4” (162.5 cm).
Applicants must be within the Body Mass Index (BMI) range.
Only Pakistani residents and Azad Kashmir/Gilgit-Baltistan domicile holders are eligible to apply. If a candidate has dual nationality and is accepted for MBBS, they will be required to give up any nationalities other than Pakistani.
Online Army Medical College Registration 2023
RMC has implemented an online application system to streamline the application process and make it easier for prospective applicants to apply. To complete your online application for the RMC registration 2023, follow the procedures below:
- Go to the Army Medical College official website and click to the entrance area.
- To create an account, click the registration or signup button. Provide correct information, including your personal information, educational history, and contact information.
- Once your account has been successfully created, log in using your credentials to access the application form.
- Fill out the online application form carefully, making sure that all of the information is correct and up to date. To avoid errors or omissions, double-check the form before submitting it.
- As mentioned in the application instructions, scan and submit the required documents, such as your recent photograph, CNIC/B-Form, academic credentials, and residence.
- Go to the payment section and pay the application fee using one of the available payment options. To properly finish the payment, follow the instructions provided.
- Before submitting your application, go over all of the submitted information and uploaded documents thoroughly. If necessary, make any necessary changes or additions. When you’re finished, submit the application electronically.
- The system will generate an application receipt when you submit your application. Make a copy of your receipt for your records and future use.
To gain admission to Army Medical College, students must pass the following exams:
The initial test for admission to Army Medical College is a written examination covering the pre-medical topics that are required. The test also includes components for personality evaluation and cognitive evaluation. These factors are part of the army’s concealed selection criteria, which are used to judge individuals’ suitability for military duty.
Candidates are subjected to a thorough physical fitness evaluation to establish their physical ability and stamina. This evaluation guarantees that students are well-prepared to attend the Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) in the future. The physical fitness evaluation looks at a variety of factors, including cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, and general physical stamina. Running, endurance tests, push-ups, sit-ups, and other exercises that examine the candidate’s physical endurance and talents may be included.
The major goal of the medical exams is to assess the candidates’ overall health and well-being. They must go through a series of medical exams at an approved hospital to confirm they are in excellent health and have no underlying medical issues.
Fee Structure for Admission to Army Medical College
FAQs for Admission in Army Medical College
How can I apply for admission to Army Medical College as a Medical Cadet?
Visit the Army Medical College official website for the basic application.
What are the ways to get admission to Army Medical College?
There are four ways to get admission to Army Medical College:
- Admission as Medical Cadet
- Admission as NUMS Cadet
- Admission as Paying Cadet
- Admission as Foreign Applicant
Can girls apply to the Army Medical College?
Yes, girls can apply to Army Medical College under the NUMS Cadet category. They can apply in the same manner as male candidates.
How many Army Medical Colleges in Pakistan
Here is a list of medical schools affiliated with NUMS.
- Army Medical Colleges, Rawalpindi
- CMH Lahore Medical & Dental College, Lahore
- Combined Institute of Medical Sciences, Multan
- CMH Medical College, Kharian
- Quetta Institute of Medical College (QIMS), Quetta
- Wah Medical College, Wah Cant
- CMH Institute Of Medical College, Bhawalpur
- Karachi Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Karachi
- CMH Kharian Medical College
- Bahria Medical College, Karachi
- HITEC Institute Of Medical Sciences, Taxilla
Except for the Army Medical College, all of the medical schools on this list are private. Affiliated Medical Schools of NUMS A total of 11 medical colleges are associated, with 10 being private and one being public. Admission to these medical schools will be available in a matter of days. Keep checking the PMRC website for the most recent changes.