Are you curious about the several employment options that are open to you in Pakistan once you have completed your degree in mechanical engineering? No need to look any further! In this article, we will discuss the top 10 job paths that are open to you and how you might pursue them. Understanding the many career paths that are available to you after earning a degree in mechanical engineering will assist you in making well-informed decisions on your future. This resource will give insights into the excellent career options that are accessible to mechanical engineers in Pakistan. Whether you wish to work in classic engineering professions or explore fascinating new disciplines, this resource will provide you with valuable information. Let’s get started on this adventure to learn about the many employment options available to you in Pakistan once you’ve completed your Career Opportunities After Mechanical Engineering.
Most Important Subjects
The following are the major or required classes for the B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering:
- Graphics for Engineers.
- How machines move.
- Production Methods in Mechanics Lab.
- Dynamometry of Machine Tools.
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering focuses on the following areas. Students can choose to specialize in one of these areas.
- How things move.
- Engineering for making things.
- Quick Modeling.
- Micro Electronic Systems.
- Temperature Science.
- Getting Started With Fluid Dynamics
Top 10 Career Opportunities After Mechanical Engineering in Pakistan
Following are Pakistan’s top 10 career options for mechanical engineers:
1.Engineer in Mechanical Design
- Create, create, and test mechanical systems and devices.
- Join forces with other professionals and engineers to promote innovative goods.
- Research and development should be done to enhance current goods.
- Investigate and resolve mechanical issues.
2.Engineer in Mechanical Systems
- Create, set up, and maintain mechanical systems in structures like factories and buildings.
- Work with other engineers and architects to incorporate mechanical systems into a project’s overall design.
- To increase the effectiveness of mechanical systems, conduct energy audits.
- Make that mechanical systems are functioning safely and effectively by inspecting and testing them.
3.Engineer, Mechanical Project
- In charge of mechanical system design, construction, and commissioning.
- Work with stakeholders, vendors, and contractors to accomplish projects on schedule and within budget.
- Organise the tasks that engineers, technicians, and other experts are assigned.
- Identify and fix any faults and technical challenges that crop up while working on a project.
Best Career Opportunities After Mechanical Engineering in Pakistan Scope, Jobs, Salary, Subjects
4.Engineer, Mechanical Manufacturing
- Create and refine manufacturing techniques for mechanical goods.
- To increase the effectiveness of manufacturing processes, collaborate with other engineers and professionals.
- To guarantee that the items satisfy the requirements, conduct quality control testing.
- Investigate production issues.
5.Engineer, Mechanical Maintenance
- Examine, fix, and maintain mechanical equipment.
- Create and put into action preventative maintenance routines.
- Purchase and keep an inventory of spare parts.
- Actions for maintaining documents.
6.Engineer, Mechanical Sales
- Sell consumers and companies mechanical goods and services.
- Customer technical help is provided.
- Create and sustain connections with your consumers.
- Research the market and find fresh sales prospects.
- Offer assistance and knowledge on mechanical engineering-related issues to businesses and organisations.
- Create engineering solutions and feasibility assessments.
- Check out and evaluate mechanical systems.
- Create presentations and reports.
8.Engineer for research and development
- Develop innovative mechanical items and technology by doing research and development.
- Create prototypes and evaluate new goods.
- New innovations should be patentable.
- Submit research articles to scholarly publications.
- Teaching in mechanical engineering at academic institutions.
- Do research and write articles for scholarly publications.
- Monitor student project work.
- Keep abreast on the most recent advancements in mechanical engineering.
- Become a mechanical engineering entrepreneur.
- Create and produce mechanical goods.
- provide firms and organisations with mechanical engineering services.
- Promote your goods and services to prospective clients.
These are only a handful of the several job options Pakistani mechanical engineers might choose from. Depending on your talents, experience, and interests, several work options may be available.
Best Career Opportunities After Mechanical Engineering
Automation Engineer: If you want to work in the field of automation, you need to know about PLC/SCADA, Robot Dynamics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Programming, Coding, and you also need to be good at handling problems analytically.
Robotic Engineer: In-depth understanding of robotic engineering, complex problem-solving skills, systems thinking, programming methods, and the basics of artificial engineering with Python programming (or any programming knowledge).
Mechatronics Engineer: you need to know about Mechanical Engineering as well as Electronics, Electrical, and Computer Engineering. Knowledge of digital circuits and how to connect electrical systems to make them work well together.
Automotive engineers need to have a lot of technical information about how to build vehicles, how to diagnose problems, and how engines and their parts work. Plays a key part in creating cars and bikes, from making the product to after-sales and service engineering.
Aerospace engineers need to be good at math and science and know a lot about aerodynamics. Their main job is to build and test planes, weapons, satellites, and the space shuttle. Develop and test versions to make sure they work the way the plan says they should.
R&D Engineer: The R&D leads projects and products during the design and development stages. This includes all parts of production technologies and engineering, and the R&D handles all teams to keep the schedule moving forward.Production engineers know how to make mechanical parts by using production methods and production tools.
Quality Control Engineers make sure that products and services meet quality standards and make sure that quality control forms are filled out. Create directions for measuring quality, and use the measurements on the process sheets to rate precision and accuracy.
Process Planning Engineers have in-depth knowledge of different production processes and can figure out the best way to make a product in a way that is both cost-effective and feasible.
Product Development Engineer: Product Development engineers are in charge of designing, making prototypes, and testing goods to make sure they meet standards and work well. Product engineering includes designing, making, and getting ready to make the product.
Design Engineer: This job involves designing and making tools for production and testing, such as jigs and fixtures, for the goods they work on. It is very important when making a lot of goods requires developing new products and the tools that go with them.
Vendor Development Engineer: Since 90% of manufacturing is outsourced to tier-II and tier-III suppliers, the vendor development engineer plays an important part in growing vendors and developing the product at the vendor ends.
Sales and Marketing Engineer: Even though sales and marketing are two different business tasks, they are both done by engineers. The sales team is in charge of selling products or services, and marketing is all about getting customers interested in the products or services that are being sold.
Maintenance Engineer: This type of mechanical engineer fixes machines and other tools. It’s important to have good troubleshooting skills so you can find problems and fix them.
Best Jobs for Mechanical Engineers
- Aerospace Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Automotive Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Project engineering
- Biomedical engineering
- Construction engineering
- Automation engineering
- Quality engineering
- Test engineer
Mechanical Engineering Universities in Pakistan
- Institute of Space Technology
- Air University
- University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar.
- International Islamic University
- Lahore University of Management Sciences
- The University of Lahore
- Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
- University of Gujrat
- University of Wah
Mechanical Engineering Salary in Pakistan Per Month
The total pay for a Mechanical Engineer in Pakistan is about PKR 125,000 per month, and the average salary is about PKR 50,000 per month. These numbers are the median, which is the middle point of the ranges from our Total Pay Estimate model and is based on the rates that our users gave us. The extra pay is expected to be about PKR 75,000 per month. Extra money could come in the form of a cash gift, a commission, tips, or a share of the profits. The “Most Likely Range” shows values that fall between the 25th and 75th percentiles of all pay data for this job.
Best Career Options After Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineer: This is the simplest way to do things. Mechanical engineers plan, build, and test machines and systems that use mechanical parts. They work in fields like car, aerospace, energy, manufacturing, and so on.
- Automotive Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer:
- Energy Engineer:
- Manufacturing Engineer:
- Consulting Engineer:
- Project Manager:
- Research and Development (R&D) Engineer:
- Technical Sales Engineer:
- Teaching and Academia:
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Maintenance Engineer:
- Environmental Engineer:
- Data Analyst or Data Scientist:
Also Click: Best Career for Commerce Students After 12th
Government Jobs After Mechanical Engineering
Here are some government jobs you can get in Pakistan after studying mechanical engineering:
Mechanical Engineer in the Pakistan Engineering Services (PES): This is a Grade 17 job that needs a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university. The job of the Mechanical Engineer will be to develop, plan, and oversee the
Assistant Mechanical Engineer in the Pakistan Railways: This is a Grade 19 job that needs a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university. The job of the Assistant Mechanical Engineer is to help the Mechanical Engineer build, plan, and oversee mechanical systems.
Mechanical Technician in the Pakistan Air Force: is a Grade 15 position that needs a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from an approved polytechnic school. The Mechanical Technician’s job in the Pakistan Air Force will be to keep mechanical systems in good shape and fix them when they break.
Mechanical Draftsman in the Public Works Department: This is a Grade 16 job that needs a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from an approved polytechnic school. The Mechanical Draftsman will be in charge of making mechanical system sketches and specs.
Mechanical Inspector in the Ministry of Industry: This is a Grade 17 job that needs a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university. The job of the Mechanical Inspector is to check mechanical systems to make sure they meet safety standards.
These are just a few of the many government jobs in Pakistan that are open to mechanical engineers. The exact skills and standards for a job will depend on the department or agency.
Also Click: Pakistan Studies Career Scope in Pakistan 2023
Civil Engineer Salary in Pakistan
Based on 36 earnings, a Civil Engineer with less than a year of experience and no tips, bonuses, or overtime pay can expect to make an average total salary of Rs 359,274. This includes tips, bonuses, and overtime pay. Based on 162 wages, a Civil Engineer with one to four years of experience makes an average of Rs 465,449 in total pay. Based on 56 wages, a mid-career Civil Engineer with 5–9 years of experience makes an average of Rs 976,274. Based on 31 wages, a Civil Engineer with 10 to 19 years of experience makes an average total salary of Rs 1,017,365. When a person has been working for 20 years or more, their average total pay is Rs 2,400,000.
FAQs About Career Opportunities After Mechanical Engineering
How many marks are required in FSc for mechanical engineering?
To get into a BS in Mechanical Engineering programme, you usually need a point score of around 75%. Most colleges use 70% of the marks you got on your F.Sc and 30% of the marks you got on the entrance test to figure out your ranking score.
What is the scope of mechanical engineering in pakistan?
In Pakistan, mechanical engineering has a good future and is in high demand. Mechanical engineers learn how to make tools that produce power, such as electric engines, steam or gas turbines, refrigeration systems, and air conditioning systems.
Also Click: Fashion Designing Scope and Salary in Pakistan